Tuesday, September 22, 2009

It's Autumn!



The calendar says it’s the first day of autumn but the crickets and frogs, who are in full orchestral mode this morning, say otherwise. If the calendar says it’s autumn, the above critters should move on to some other place. But they won’t bite the dust until the first hard frost, which I’m hoping isn’t too far away.

Autumn and winter are my two favorite seasons. The colder the weather the better I like it. Part of that is because I still suffer from hot flashes and unless it’s as cold a meat locker outside, I’m uncomfortable. But enough about menopausal symptoms!

Leaves are already changing color and their rich autumnal palette of bronze, yellow, burgundy, copper and burnt orange will soon emerge. At Solebury Orchards, apples are making their first appearance of the season and their apple cider, the best I have ever tasted, won’t be far behind.

Happy Autumn.


Namaste

Chris

1 comment:

christina said...

Happy Autumn to you, as well. I am feeling the cold here too. I welcome a cup of apple cider.
xo