Thursday, December 2, 2010

Reflections of a Golden Eye


When you’re unemployed you have a tendency to have a lot more free time on your hands. Free time that is above and beyond the time you spend looking for another job. So what to do with this free time? I’ve been spending some of it walking and this morning was no different as I walked along the Delaware River Canal.

After yesterday’s rainy deluge and high winds, the sun appeared this morning as though nothing untoward had happened. Mother Nature is so fickle sometimes. A slight breeze accompanied the rising sun as I hit the canal path early with my camera.

I love alone time. It’s just me and my thoughts, if I care to have any, and my surroundings. No iPod to distract me from the sights or sounds. Cell phone tucked in my hip pocket but it wasn’t on. If it weren’t for the fact it was December and 40 degrees, it felt almost like spring. Even the birds got into the act with a spring time feel to their songs.

Warm, golden sunlight created some great reflections along the canal and I was only too eager to take advantage of Mother Nature’s generosity.

Ornamental grasses are so beautiful especially this type
because when the sun shines through them they actually glow.
 
 
While I would love to live on or by the water, flooding is a constant worry
 for people who live this close to the canal and the nearby river.
 
You're not seeing double, it's a different bridge than the one above.

A reflection of a sycamore in the canal.

Noble Rot
an old, dilapidated barn in the throes of preservation

As Mister Rogers always said, "It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood."

Hoping you're having a wonderful day of your own.

Namaste
Chris

2 comments:

SE'LAH... said...

your photos are fabulous!!! and i'm not just saying that.

one love.

Jaime said...

I love my alone time too. It is essential to my day.
Beautiful images!