Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Something Completely Different

As I sit here writing this post, an ice storm warning is in effect for the Lehigh Valley. By tomorrow we could have a 1/4 inch to 3/4 of an inch of ice. There's also a strong possibility this ice will cause downed power lines and trees with no electricity or heat. With temps hovering around freezing and projected to go even lower it could get nasty very quickly.

While I am a Winter person through and through, all this snow is beginning to get to me. As I'm sure it is of those who also are tired of all the white stuff. I want to see color and plenty of it. I want to see green grass!! So I'm thumbing my nose at Old Man Winter by putting up a new banner in hopes of spreading some much needed color.

I have a cute picture of a snowman the neighbor's built at the end of their driveway but I just can't bring myself to post it at this time. Although the snowman is wearing a cherry red hat and scarf. Nah! Still not enough color for me. Maybe I'll post it later on in the month; right now I'm in dire need of a color transfusion. The sooner the better.

Namaste
Chris

1 comment:

Birdie said...

Chris, I love your new banner, very colorful ;-) :-)) come and visit my place when you can, there is a spring there already :-) all the same like you I just could not stand the cold anymore ... sending love!