Monday, July 16, 2012

Monet in PA


Last April, I was out for an early morning walk with my camera and saw this scene at a fork in the road; no pun intended. The way the light hit the area as well as the flowers made me instantly think of Monet's garden. Although I've never been there, one of my most treasured books is Monet's Passion: Ideas, Inspiration and Insights from the Painter's Garden, by author, artist and keynote speaker, Elizabeth Murray.  I had the honor and privilege of working with her on this book, which was her first one about Monet's Garden. She has since written and photographed several others including a calendar.
While these are lowly weeds and no doubt would have no place in Monet's garden, the fact it made me think of his garden makes the photo special. Given the right light, even a weed can look good.
Namaste
Chris

No comments: