Monday, July 9, 2012

Three Florals and a Vine


This heart-shaped leaf is actually a vine and it's growing in two areas of our yard. I've never seen it before and have not a clue as to its identification. No doubt a weed but I'm going to keep an eye on it to see if it produces any flowers. I love the dark edge around the leaf.

I think it was last Friday and I had a yen to drag out my macro lens and take some photos of the flowers on my deck. Both shots are of, I think, gallardias. I love their color and they're much more in your face than the ubiquitous daisy but daisies are also a favorite flower.



The last photo is of a hydrangea that's been slowly, and I do mean slowly, growing into its present size for many, many years. This year it finally produced a number of salad plate sized blooms that are an unusual shade of blue.


For those of you who follow my blog, sorry I have been away from blogging for more than two months but I'm back and will be posting once more on a regular basis. If you wandered off I hope you'll return soon. For those of you new to my blog, Welcome!!!

Namaste,
Chris

1 comment:

Tracey said...

I share your love of shooting flowers up close. It really gives you a whole new view that you don't see with the naked eye. And oh - your hydrangea bush - I've never seen anything like it. Amazing. :-)