Sunday, September 23, 2012

Fall Begins

 
Here in my neck of the world, yesterday was the first day of Fall and soon starlings will be roosting in a pair of local 100+ year old ash trees. The trees are close enough for me to hear the racket they create, which  is deafening to say the least. It's as if they're congregating in an effort to get their group together so they can fly somewhere warmer for the winter. That's just a guess, mind you, but I can't think of better reason as to why they would roost only at this time of year in such large numbers. 
 
Recently, while visiting some of my favorite blogs, I came across this incredible YouTube video by Liberty Smith and Sophie Windsor Clive over at Kate Iredale's blog Inspired.
 
Nothing like this happens when the starlings take flight around my way but to see what these girls saw and videotaped is truly amazing. The music, by Emmett Glynn & Band, was a perfect choice. I wish I could've been with them to have seen this.
For those experiencing Fall weather, I wish you all a Happy and Colorful Fall.
Namaste
Chris

1 comment:

Tracey said...

Now that was just simply AMAZING!!! We get starlings near the airport, but nothing quite like that. The music went perfectly with the sway of the birds. Thanks for sharing that :-)