Thursday, September 6, 2012

Scary Spider . . . Web


Since stores are jamming shelves with Halloween candy and Thanksgiving decorations, literally as I write this, I thought I'd get into the upcoming eerie holiday spirit.

Believe it or not this is one web and it is larger than this photo indicates. What was on the mind of this spider as he built his web? Was he being creative? Did he lose his way and finally give up? Was he tired? Is this a diabolical and clever trap for some unsuspecting insect? Who really knows what goes on in the minds of spiders? Anyway, I thought it was a cool web since I've never seen one like this.

Lest you think you'll find a web in these Halloween colors out in a field somewhere, rest assured they were photographically altered via a few filters. And yes, I know what you're thinking . . . I have way too much time on my hands!

In any event, enjoy the waning days of summer because obviously Halloween is earlier than we think!

Namaste
Chris

1 comment:

Tracey said...

Awesome!! I am contemplating if I should participate in trick or treat this year. Our hours here in our city are 3pm-5pm. Well that's not scary at all!! It's still broad daylight. And due to the crazy times (mentioned in your 'when I was younger' post) these days, local malls pass out the candy. No more door to door like in our day.

Did you use the spray bottle on the web? :-)