Tuesday, October 23, 2012

A Day at the Beach


The beach has fascinated me ever since I was a child. It's because I associate two separate and special times growing up and spending time with my parents and younger brother at the beach. Now  that I'm older, it's also where I am at peace. It is my all-time favorite place, after Labor Day and before Memorial Day, when the beach is pretty much empty except for diehard fishermen.

Yesterday was a perfect Fall day, a cloudless, crystal clear azure sky, breezy and comfortably warm. For the most part it was me and less than a handful of fishermen sharing the beach. I love the sound of the waves and the gulls overhead. But the gulls seemed to be taking a time out because not many were flying, just standing on the beach watching the tide roll in. A few were trying to figure out which of us would be good targets for a hand-out. Opportunists to the core those gulls, you have to hand it to them. No pun intended.

Where flip flops go when they're lost!
 
Warm sand, cool breeze and not a soul in sight!
 
You've heard of garden gnomes? This is a garden hydrant!
 
Gull with Disappearing/Reappearing Tire Tracks
 
 Beach fencing snakes along the dunes' perimeter. 
 
For me, nothing compares to A Day at the Beach . . . unless, of course, it's a good book . . . but then I could take it to the beach!!!
 
Namaste
Chris

No comments: