Monday, November 18, 2013

A beautiful November day


While out running errands this morning I noticed the sky filled with bits and pieces of puffy clouds. It looked like a bag of cotton balls had exploded across the sky. The clouds were quickly moving out and as I drove I wanted to find a place with an open expanse and no telephone poles. I finally found it on a back road behind a large Mennonite church.

I swung into the parking lot and grabbed my camera. The above is not the shot I was going for but what I wanted I was unable to get because of the extremes of light and dark and the sun wreaking havoc with my camera's light meter. So I turned slightly to my right, with the sun just over my left shoulder, and noticed this bucolic scene with the church's old cemetery in the foreground.

I love clouds and they're all so different. This morning's offering was like none I'd ever seen before but with a little patience (not something I'm known for!) and the right place, I was able to get the shot I wanted.

Wishing you all a good Monday and a good start to a new week!

Namaste
Chris

No comments: