Monday, November 11, 2013

Caleb's American Kitchen


Early this morning I met my good friend Mim at Caleb's American Kitchen for breakfast. We were the first ones there and took a seat by a window. It was my first visit but I'd heard a lot about it from several friends and was anxious to eat there.

In a recent article in The Intelligencer, written by Crissa Shoemaker Debree,"The menu at the new Caleb's American Kitchen in Buckingham takes diners on a culinary tour of the United States from New England lobster rolls to fish tacos with a Santa Cruz inspiration. Lentchner calls it 'new American cuisine.'"

I had the quiche of the day -- cheese, eggs, spinach, and tomatoes. Served with a side of fresh fruit it was the best quiche I've ever tasted. I love quiche and make it at home whenever I can. This quiche had a layered look to it. Something I never thought of doing with my own quiche. I'm guessing here cheese was the first layer (on the bottom), followed by eggs, spinach, tomatoes and a final layer of  cheddar. It melted in your mouth it was so good!!!

From the same article quoted above, "I'm representing dishes from all different regions of America," Lentchner said. "I'm really embracing all different American cuisines. And as important, I'm taking a realistic approach to farm to table. What I can't do local, I'm doing regional. What I can't do regional, I'm doing American. I'm showing off that American products are great."


My friend Mim had eggs benedict and the home fries were different than any I've ever had. There were red and green peppers, onions mixed in with the potatoes with paprika, I think.

Stay tuned I'll be returning to try lunch and dinner but I have no doubt both will be as good as breakfast was. I love to cook and appreciate good food and Caleb's delivers an amazing meal in a simple but beautiful modern décor.

Lunch and dinner is also served and is located at 5738 Route 202 in Buckingham, south of Peddler's Village. Breakfast is served daily from 8 to 11:30 a.m. Lunch daily from 11:30 a.m.-3 p.m. and dinner from 5-10 p.m. Tuesday through Sunday.

Note: I have not been asked nor paid for this review. I like to try new restaurants and I often write about the good ones you can find in the Bucks County area.

Namaste
Chris

No comments: